GMC Typhoon is a type of mid-size SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle) produced by General Motors Company, an American multinational automotive manufacturer, in 1992-1993. It was the modified high-performance version of GMC Jimmy. During its production period, the company has released more than 4,600 units of GMC Typhoon.
- GMC Typhoon uses all-wheel-drive layout. It features 4.3 liters LB4 Turbo V6 engine with 4-speed 4L60 automatic transmission system.
- It has 1,734 kilograms body weight, with 100 inches wheelbase, 170 inches length, 68 inches width, and 60 inches height.
- The maximum power that can be produced by the engine is 280 horsepower, while the maximum torque that can be produced by the engine is 360 lb-ft torque.
- It is capable of achieving 153 kilometers per hour top speed, with 5.3 seconds acceleration from 0 to 60 miles per hour and 14.1 seconds quarter-mile acceleration.
- It was built based on the GMC Jimmy SUV, with various improvements such as more powerful engine, upgraded brakes, and self-leveling rear suspension.